Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Mt. Pleasant, then north . . .

         Wow, Mt. Pleasant is way to the southeast corner of Iowa; considering I live in the far northwest corner of the state really puts Cathy Hopkins shop kiddy-corner from me.  But the trip was worth it to see Cathy in her own shop, Quilter's Paradise.  She's right on main street in Mt. Pleasant.
Cathy Hopkins, owner of Quilter's Paradise in Mt. Pleasant, Iowa
Cathy's been working hard to get her shop back in shape since there was a fire in the walls of the building beside hers early this year.  

But she has not given up; she is winning at the big job of rebuilding her shop! 

Her shop is beautiful & includes machine quilting, too.  Honestly, I don't know how these shop owners get so much done.




Cathy's ad says "Where Heaven is only a stitch away."  And I believe it - she has a new Retreat Center above the shop with a large work area, full kitchen & bathroom, & 3 bedrooms.  I'm sorry I didn't go up there & take some pictures to show off.  However, I'm sure it is a great place to hibernate with your friends & sewing machines.  Hmmm - just thinkin' - a hiding place is good!

Isn't this a beautiful calming display - the pinks, reds, grays & whites are just so refreshing.  I know it really caught my eye when I entered Cathy's shop.

And I couldn't leave without a picture of us & her Courthouse Stars quilt.  I really like how she used red for the courthouse blocks to make the trailing throughout the quilt.  Don't you just love red !   I really wish Cathy all the success in the world with her "new" shop!  And don't forget, you can email her at quiltersparadise@lisco.com to set up a time to bring your friends to the Retreat Center for a weekend or a few days of sewing-in-hiding away from the phones (conveniently forget your cell phone) !
Hope you're having a great day!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...