Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Day 4 - Are you blogging today?

This is just the most fun I've had blogging since I started.  Just knowing you are all out there has helped me communicate better.  I hope you are having as much fun as I am.

Shiloh

Today we feature #4 & #5 of the Battle Series.  I'm going to start doubling up the quilts or we won't get through all 12 by the end of the blog. 

Shiloh was designed with my own variation of the Stars Over Tennesee block.  I love how it makes you search for the beginning & ending of the block.  

And I think that the use of the Blockade block represents the battle of New Orleans very well.  I'm also showing you a close-up of a large size New Orleans so you can see the blocks better.  You see if you make 5" blocks you get a small quilt, 10" blocks give you a bed-size quilt.  All of the Battle Series quilts are written that way.  Also the Generals Series we're working on now.

Close-up of a large
New Orleans quilt
New Orleans
Don't forget to leave a comment & maybe win a pattern of your choice!

6 comments:

  1. What beautiful quilts Evonne! Love the scalloped edge on Shiloh and how it accents your Stars Over Tennesee block!!! TFS
    ~Terry~ :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what to say! Each quilt is more beautiful than the last! Will look forward to your next post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lesley - Thank you so much for participating in the blog hop. You have won a free pattern. I will send you a pattern of your choice, if you would just reply here or email me at evonnecook@clotheslinequilts.com with your mailing address. Welcome & thank you, Evonne

      Delete
  3. I enjoy each of the quilts you share. The scalloped border on Shiloh is striking...looks difficult to me. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing these beautiful quilts. Love the New Orleans blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. AAAHHH! I feel like I'm coming to the party late. I only got to the T's today so this is my first visit to your blog. I'll be sure to keep coming back now though. Thank you for the generous giveaways.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...