Tuesday, June 19, 2012

4 Days & 800 miles later . . .

Four days & more than 800 miles later - a great All-Iowa Quilt Shop Hop & I visited only 18 (I think; I lost count) shops.  I really wanted to visit those shops that were new to me, so I did just that plus a few I've done business with for years.  I always love to stop & see the old friends, of course!
Monie Perdue at Heartland Quilt Shop
The Algona shops south of here were my first stops.  I always enjoy stopping to see Pat at Heartland Quilt Shop & Karen at Seams To Me.   Monie was a good replacement for Pat that day, so I got a great picture of her smiling face.

Those cute baby quilts behind Karen caught my eye so I had to get that pattern; especially love the one with the butterflies since I have a new great-granddaughter - our first great-grand!

Karen Boyken at Seams To Me

Saw this neat quilt at Heartland
I spotted the Christmas banner
at Seams To Me & had to show
a picture of it.    It's so different
from any holiday banners I've
ever seen - love it!  See the cardinals!


Karen must really be in the holiday mood
early this year since she had these sweet
pumpkins displayed, too.



 I have to go for now - will put up some more shops as soon as I catch up on a few things.

Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Eight hundred miles on a shop, that seems more like a long distance marathon. What fun and so many quilt shops. It's never too soon to show holiday quilts, get them done now, too busy later in the year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it was a long distance by the time I got home. I can't imagine how many miles those who did the whole state drove ! They had 2 full weeks to complete it; that would have been a total vacation.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...