Monday, March 9, 2015

Friendship Ring Quilt!

I was telling you about the quilts that Washington Street Studio is reproducing fabrics from; well, here is the second one!  It's called Friendship Ring, but I was never able to find it in the pattern identification books.  Simple, subtle colors in the fabrics with a few darker shades for impact! 

Immediately, I fell in love with this one!  Soft yellows with browns & reds, subtle pinks with browns & reds, and a few checks & woven designs make you want to sew it right up!  Thus, the fabrics . . . yes, we need the fabrics!

Also, we need the templates for the blocks!  Of course, the old quilt was hand pieced in the 1860's, so it was impossible for me to determine the size of the pieces.  And believe me, I tried, but I had to turn that part over to Ardco!  Their metal templates are so neat --- very easy to trace the pieces for cutting, plus you can trace the sewing lines onto the pieces at the same time. 

And, guess what, I got information just this morning that the templates are ready.  So, soon, I'll be able to try some of the blocks & let you know how it goes.  I am not a proficient hand piecer, but I have been working at it & am anxious to see how this block goes together.  Wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. Ohhh I love this quilt will you or Ardco be selling the pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue & Too many eggs! Sorry I was trying to answer both of you separately, but that's not working, so . . .

    I do love the templates by ARDCO & the Friendship Ring set is finally ready. I just got them last week & am trying my first block! How much fun it is! The pattern is not finalized yet, but will be soon, & the fabric line will be available in May. Templates are available from Ardco & me; $26.95 for the set of 5 pieces.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...