Wednesday, October 17, 2012

More Quilts!




This quilt won BEST OF SHOW for the Des Moines Area Quilters Guild Show !!   All the color on red was breathtaking  -  & the applique superb ! 



 

 This quilt was so very colorful & well balanced, I thought.  It won a First Place blue ribbon.







 I believe that this quilt was The Civil War Love Letter Quilt inspired by Rosemary Youngs' book.  I love the multitude of blocks!



This awesome celestial beauty won 2nd place in the AQS Show.  It is named Sunlit Circles.
This is actually one of my favorite quilts in the whole show.  I thought it showed so much originality & movement.
And this beauty was the winner of
BEST OF SHOW.  It is Eureka! by Marilyn Badger.  Just feast your eyes . . .   
And this beauty won BEST HAND WORKMANSHIP - Named Symphony of Roses!  Simply awesome!
And I love the name of this quilt - Life in the Midwest!  Study it closely & see many surprises!  It again, was one of my favs!
 As I told you yesterday, I had a wonderful visit with one of the winners & here she is with her quilt "Scarlet Fever."  Isn't it amazing & so was she - so excited about her win & her quilt.  She kept saying "Everything goes good on red!" & I think she's right; she pulled all of these fabrics out of her scraps! She had kept track of the hours spent on the applique & the quilting - wish I had written that info down - sorry!  Her name is Jean Clark & she's from Mt. Horeb, WI; she showed me pictures of the next quilt she is already working on!
 

Quilt on, ladies !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...