Thursday, October 11, 2012

AQS - Des Moines, IA - Superb!!

Hello, Hello!

We had a wonderful time at the Des Moines show.  Although our time was short going on the bus for one day only, we saw everything there was to see.  I'm used to driving myself & going when I want & leaving when I want - but it was awesome to be driven like Miss Daisy & delivered right to the front door!  Thank you, Mary at The Wooden Thimble, for making this trip possible.

The quilts by the Tentmakers of Cairo were so different from what we do that people just stood in awe looking at them. 


 The video was great showing the men appliquing, I believe, without a pattern at all.  They were just cutting pieces & strips of fabric, laying them on, & handstitching them down. 


When you look at these quilts, it is hard to believe they are done like that.



All of the quilts were for sale & many had already been sold.





They remind me of very expensive Persian rugs!













I'm showing only 3 of the quilts; there were many, many more to see!


Blogger is working very slowly this morning & I must leave for Merry's - - retreat this weekend. 

I am so excited to see everyone & spend these days together.  Maybe I'll see some of you there.


The trunk show is tonight!

I will post the rest of the quilt show when I return.  And I'll also have pictures from the retreat! 

Have a great weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...