Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Love those Browns & Toasts of Jo Morton's !

Jo Morton's browns have been calling me for some time now just knowing I was going to do something special with them some day soon.  Well, the day's coming . . .

Late last summer I was enjoying an antique shop in Okoboji, Iowa - a wonderful resort area near us - & spotted a very old quilt hanging off the door of an old Hoosier cabinet.  The simplicity of the old quilt just grabbed me; 'ya know how that goes.  So I had to snap a picture of it hanging there to share with you. 

This quilt is my inspiration for a little brown basket quilt of my own doing.  I've begun the baskets by designing them in EQ - making them 4 1/2" square on-point. 

Now I believe this old quilt's been sewn by simply appliquing the baskets on muslin in rows.  But my baskets are pieced with appliqued handles made from bias strips.  I began with 5 fat quarters of Jo's pajama prints - beige off-white - not too white & 10 of Jo's brown fat quarters for the baskets.  They really are coming together nicely.  I should be able to share a digital with you soon.

Have a great day & don't forget to visit & support your local quilt shop tomorrow!  I'm sure they'll have some super bargains to share with you!





 

1 comment:

  1. Basket quilt patterns are also one of my favorites. Look forward to seeing your progress on this quilt. I would like to start one also. Maybe you will be my inspiration!!!!
    Carol L

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...