Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Happy Birthday to me!

Yes, today is my birthday & I am especially honored to share it with all of you.  The days & weeks are quickly flying by to another Christmas coming soon; again, I say, where does all the time go . . .

While we spent our Thanksgiving with family in Phoenix, I, of course, had to visit some quilt shops, but only one did I get pictures of - The Olde World Quilt Shoppe  - on our way out of the city the day we left. 

If you get north of Phoenix, you will want to find this shop.  It is full of fabric inspiration in the dark colorations I love with a beautiful wood floor & friendly people.  Working that day was Jordan, the daughter of the owner Dee, & I bought a pattern by Renee Plains, who I was told is Jordan's mother-in-law. 



Jordan, the owner's daughter, was working the day we
stopped at Olde World Quilt Shoppe.
















Just love the wood floor!
This picture shows what you see to your left when you enter the door.  Don't you just love the bed posts for showing off the quilts!


Then the dark wood complements the fabrics so well below!







     Then our journey back home took us through Santa Fe so I looked up the gals at Santa Fe Quilting!  With this GPS you can find all the shops; how easy it is to drive right to the front door!

      They were having a fun morning at that shop - can you tell!  Here are a few pictures of Santa Fe Quilting. 


Love the adobe-look of Santa Fe Quilting!



Owner Mary McCuster has a great time in her shop!
Can't you tell!
 

Mary had lots of cute Santa's around the shop; I had to take a close-up of this one.
Lots of color in the
southwest fabrics
at Santa Fe Quilting!









Time to go; have a great day & I hope you are getting all of your Christmas running done so you can soon stay home & enjoy the holidays with family & friends!

We have family coming from Ohio & Montana & are having an early celebration this weekend already.  It will be wonderful having a houseful again.

Merry Christmas to all!  Be safe & Happy!

5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday!
    What a wonderful store and I love Renee's patterns.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday and thank you for sharing such a fabulous shop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best wishes for a very Happy Birthday....and Merry Christmas as well :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Muitos anos de vida e criatividade para você,Deus te Abençoe.FELIZ NATAL!E que o ANO NOVO venha com desejos de muita saúde e inspirações.Beijo grande.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday! Thank you for sharing the wonderful pictures of The Olde World Quilt Shoppe. I'll have to had that on my Need To Visit list!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...