Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Baby, It's Cold Outside!!

Don't let that little spot of sunshine fool you; it's very cold outside today; and the wind is not really even blowing.  Time to get out the gloves & scarves whether we want to or not.

Thimbleberries
I finally got my Thimbleberries Pumpkin Quilt up in the family room; this is one of my favorite quilts for the fall season. I can remember when I first saw this quilt; we were at the Thimbleberries studio in Hutchinson, MN & I had to make it.  I hear so many quilters talking about how certain quilts affect them like that; this was one for me & it's been years ago. . . would not want to figure out how many years it has been! Oh, but they've been good years with lots of quilting a part of them.


I have to share a new recipe I found at the Better Homes & Gardens site.  It's Pumpkin Fudge & it is awesome & easy to make.  Go to bhg.com & search for "pumpkin fudge."  Believe me, you'll want to give some of it away or take it to a bake sale or bazaar, because you cannot keep it in the refrigerator, it is just too tempting to have it so close for snacking.

Also, check out the Upside Down Caramelized Apple Pie; it is made in a cast iron skillet first on the stove top, then baked in the same skillet.  And, it, too, is delicious!  Well, you can tell what's on my mind today - eat, eat, eat!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...