Monday, September 15, 2014

My new socks!

My new socks!
I'm so excited about getting back to knitting!  And this is the first pair of socks I have ever knit - aren't they sweet!  My grandmother taught me very young to knit by sitting behind me & holding her hands over the top of mine while I held the knitting needles - it worked!  So I have used that method with my own granddaughters, too.

Knitting socks is a new challenge for me; they are definitely more difficult to knit than a scarf or a dishcloth.  So I am very proud of my first pair - can you tell?? !!  I love the high tops & how they fold & scrunch down.

The yarn is ONline Supersocke 100, color Saturn - cotton, virgin wool, & polyester.  The wool makes them soft & warm, with no itchiness! 

Yarn shop at Erica's, South Bend, IN
Driving on I-90 heading to Pittsburgh market back in May, we found ourselves just north of Erica's  in South Bend, Indiana, so, of course, we had to detour for shopping.  Their yarn department equaled their fabric & wool departments; it was wonderful !

Have a great Monday, Everyone!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...