Monday, August 13, 2012

Christmas Stitchin's


I've been itchin' to stitch something Christmas since July, so since one of the designs in Table Cozees II looks like a star, I decided to sew it up in Sandy Gervais'  new Merry Medley fabrics plus a dark green of Lisa Bongean's Primitive Muslin.

In this pattern I used the red for the dark & the large triangles the same as the border - the pretty green Christmas print - putting red cornerstones in the first border!  That's what's fun with the Table Cozees patterns - you can move fabrics around, mediums & darks - & still have a great look!  This pattern is actually just 4 blocks of Old Maid's Puzzle to make the center of the little quilt.

- - - - - - First, the half-square triangle units 


Then, the larger triangle units - - - - - - - - -


Sew the blocks together - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -



Table Cozees II
Add the borders & it's ready for the scallops. 



I use Darlene Zimmerman's Easy Scallop for doing all of my scallops on my quilts.  It's just so very quick & easy!  Of course, with the scallops, you must use a bias binding.


The Table Cozees are just 19" square & I machine quilt them myself!  Fun!


1 comment:

  1. Your table topper is absolutely beautiful Evonne...love the fabrics and your quilting! TFS

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...