Monday, August 13, 2012

Christmas Stitchin's


I've been itchin' to stitch something Christmas since July, so since one of the designs in Table Cozees II looks like a star, I decided to sew it up in Sandy Gervais'  new Merry Medley fabrics plus a dark green of Lisa Bongean's Primitive Muslin.

In this pattern I used the red for the dark & the large triangles the same as the border - the pretty green Christmas print - putting red cornerstones in the first border!  That's what's fun with the Table Cozees patterns - you can move fabrics around, mediums & darks - & still have a great look!  This pattern is actually just 4 blocks of Old Maid's Puzzle to make the center of the little quilt.

- - - - - - First, the half-square triangle units 


Then, the larger triangle units - - - - - - - - -


Sew the blocks together - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -



Table Cozees II
Add the borders & it's ready for the scallops. 



I use Darlene Zimmerman's Easy Scallop for doing all of my scallops on my quilts.  It's just so very quick & easy!  Of course, with the scallops, you must use a bias binding.


The Table Cozees are just 19" square & I machine quilt them myself!  Fun!


2 comments:

  1. The table cozee is very pretty. I love the fabrics you have used and love the scallops!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your table topper is absolutely beautiful Evonne...love the fabrics and your quilting! TFS

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...