Wednesday, June 21, 2017

My Mariner's Compass is Growing!

 I have always believed I would sew a Mariner's Compass quilt someday - another on my bucket list of quilts to make!  I'm sure none of you have a list like that!!

Anyway, when I learned of a new tool for this block, I went to work on it again quite a while ago.  With the Robin Ruth ruler & method for a strip pieced compass, I was able to make a pretty good first block from some of my Flying Geese collection.

So that is as far as I got that day & I have been looking at it on the wall ever since.  Then I received some of the vintage fabrics from the Star of Bethlehem (1860 - 1880) & Rising Sun Medallion (1840 - 1860) collections by Washington Street Studio/P & B & my interest piqued again.  Thus - the borders appeared.

Recently, I added the pyramids & so far I'm really liking the vintage medallion look.  Although it is remaining a work-in-progress at this time, I'm having lots of fun with it!

These star blocks may find a home on this quilt eventually - who knows!  For now I'm just happy to enjoy it on the design wall again!

Hope you are all having a divine week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...