Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Mariner's Compass by Machine!

You know how they say "some people are friends for a day, some for a year, some when we are young, etc.  But some become friends forever" . . . as the years go by you can get busy & move apart, but when you meet again, it's like you've never been apart.

Well, that is how I feel about Denice Lipscomb from Waxahachie, TX.  Years ago I stopped at her shop Common Threads Quilting on my way to Houston for market, and we have been friends ever since.  I do believe that this happens often in our quilting world!

Well, at market last fall Denice & her gals clued me in to Robin Ruth  & her new machine pieced, strip pieced Mariner's Compass technique. So, of course I had to check it out.

And now see what I have accomplished with Robin's books & ruler!  It works!  You can make compasses from sizes 6" all the way up to 36." You can choose the Skinny Robin or the Fat Robin rulers & instruction booklets. (sold separately) You can also make Sunflower blocks with the companion booklet that comes with the set.

This is only my first trial block; I chose to tackle the 10" size & it measures exactly 10" across.  Now that says a lot for Robin & her ruler!  

And I'm sure I'll be making more of the Mariners Compass which I have to say is a block I never thought that I would tackle!  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...